Our current stay-at-home and quarantine policies were extended through the month of June 2020.
If you have an arrival date scheduled for on or after the start of the quarantine, it is our recommendation that you postpone your trip until the mandate is lifted.
Should you choose to arrive any time between now and June 30, 2020 you must adhere to the 14-day quarantine. View the full quarantine requirement and additional helpful information at hawaiicovid19.com.
Kauai Beach Resort has always been a happy escape, a retreat people seek out to reset by the ocean and amongst breathtaking beauty, enjoy great food and drink, and to be taken care of. We’ll continue to serve you in the best ways we know how—including rigorous cleaning and safety protocols—so you can sleep well, and rest assured. We’ve enacted many new guest experiences that are thought full and contactless.
Touch-less Yet Thought-full
- We'll continue to serve you in the best ways we know how-which now includes rigorous cleaning, smiling with our eyes, so you can sleep well, and rest assured. We've enacted many new experiences that thought-full and touch-less.
Our Flexible Cancellation Policy
- When you book directly with us, if your travel plans change through June 30, 2020, you'll receive a credit to return within one year of your original travel date. Any change to the original booking must occur 24 hours prior to arrival. The updated reservation must occur within 1 year of the original travel dates and needs to be reserved directly with the hotel.
- For new reservations, make changes or cancel your reservation up to 24 hours before check in to receive a full refund or travel credit.
- Please note, our flexible cancellation policies are good for guests who book direct with us. For guests who booked via online travel agencies or through third parties will need to contact their booking provider for their policies and for assistance.
Safe & Sound: Our New Protocols
We’re staying up-to-date and going above and beyond the guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and state and local health officials to ensure the safety of our guests and team, including:
- Increasing frequency of cleaning using hospital-grade disinfectants on all high-touch surfaces and areas such as the lobby, guest rooms, common spaces, recreational areas, public restrooms, and all employee areas.
- Training our staff on comprehensive COVID-19 protocols, detailing protection against the transmission of the virus and procedures in the case of a suspected or confirmed case.
- Requiring protective masks and other equipment to be worn by all hotel associates and all persons within the hotel's public spaces, including guests and associates.
- Implementing social distancing signage, guidance, and spacing of furniture in all our public areas, including our mineral pools and spa.
- Implementing enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols for our restaurant and bars and limiting seating in our gathering spaces.
Your Check-In/Check-Out Experience
- We are providing contactless Check-In/Check-out
- We are sanitizing all guest room key cards prior to placing them back into circulation
- A Warm Welcome: We've added partitions at our front desk to provide an extra level of precaution for our guests and associates, and continue to provide warm, in-person welcomes.
Your Guest Room Experience
You can bet we’re using the latest and greatest technology available to clean your guest room. We wouldn’t have it any other way.
- We've cleaned all surfaces thoroughly with hospital-grade disinfectants, including extra disinfection of frequently touched areas, including light switches, door handles, TV remotes, and thermostats.
- We place room seals on doors to indicate that your room has not been accessed since being thoroughly cleaned.
- We've self-imposed 72 hours of elapsed time between occupied rooms, and distancing our guests from one another by allowing at least one empty room between occupied rooms.
- We provide housekeeping in guest rooms only when requested.
- We've removed all non-essential items from guest rooms (i.e. paper, pens). These items are available by request.
- We are offering contact-free room service.
Your Dining Experience (Take Out Only)
- We've completely reorganized our restaurant and bars to create private experiences, with each table at least six feet from the next table.*
- Eat well and be well. Our restaurant and bar’ tables and chairs are sanitized after each use.*
- We are requiring reservations at Naupaka Terrace restaurant to ensure guests are seated promptly and ample time to sanitize tables and chairs between guests. *
- Our restaurant and bar staff is required to wear protective masks and gloves and to complete training on hygiene and disinfecting practices, safe food preparation and service practices
- Our food safety program includes enhanced sanitation guidelines and training videos for all operational associates that includes hygiene and disinfecting practices.
- We've gone digital: access our menu online or request a single-use paper menu. Order online or by phone.
- To Go service is available and contact-free delivery for our hotel guests to their rooms and at the pool.
- Enjoy cocktails and light snacks at our pool bar, Driftwood (reservations only). *
- We require our restaurant and bar staff to wear protective masks, gloves, and to complete food handler training, including hygiene, disinfecting practices, safe food preparation, and service practices.
Your Pool Experience
- Fresh air, fresh seats. We'll be sanitizing all pool furniture frequently, and deep cleaning by pressure washing each night.
- More room to bask in the sun. We'll be spacing out and removing some pool and garden furniture to meet social distancing standards.
- Everyone gets a turn. We'll be capping our pool area occupancy.
- Swim safely. We'll ensure appropriate chlorine levels are maintained and monitored.
Your Fitness Experience *
- Stay fit and stay safe. We clean all surfaces and equipment thoroughly with hospital-grade disinfectants, multiple times per day.
- We limit the number of guests permitted in the fitness room at one time (3-4 max) and provide ample space between fitness equipment.
- We sanitize the Fitness Room hourly using an Electrostatic Sprayer.
Your Spa Experience *
- Our spa is closed until further notice.
We’ll stay informed, so you can feel good about staying with us.
We will continue to update protocols as new information and technology becomes available. We’re committed to doing all that we can to ensure you’ll rest assured and sleep well.
If you have questions about COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.
We look forward to welcoming you to the new KBR experience. We can’t wait to see you again.
* Due to Hawaii State COVID-19 regulations our dine-in service at Naupaka restaurant, spa and fitness room are not currently available.
- text required here, but I'm hiding this list element with CSS. Thanks, Johnathan